Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tricky...but not really

If you are interested in Interior Design and the decoration of your home, then odds are you love beautiful things and can appreciate all sorts of art forms from cutesy crafts to exquisite art pieces.  Maybe you're like me and follow the trendiest crafting blogs. 

I follow 5 or 6 blogs and there is something I have noticed the crafting world doing.  These die hard crafters scour magazines for things they love then spend a little time figuring out how they can achieve the same look only on the cheap.  Some of them are pretty successful!  Anthropologie and Pottery Barn seem to have the most appeal for knock offs. 

You can easily apply the same concepts as you consider the decor of your home.  You don't have to spend a small fortune to create a pleasing and relaxing space.  As we talk further about decorating on a dime, I will show you some things that are easy to do and create a unique and inspiring look from headboards to desk tops and art for the walls.  This is where your idea file we talked about earlier comes into play.  Look at those files again...are there things you can knock off yourself, make for less...I bet there is, think about it.

I have been busy creating Fall wreaths!  I will be doing tutorials for three awesome wreaths you can do on the cheap.  There will also be a contest so you won't want to miss out!  Tell all your friends then join me here on Wednesday for the first wreath tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment