Friday, September 23, 2011

Burlap

My latest and most favorite?  Burlap!  Earlier in the summer, I fell in love with this rug from Urban Outfitters.


I knew I would never be able to afford but it didn't look too hard to make.  I decided to practice on a pillow before taking on such a big project.

Here's how it turned out.  Amazing!!  I was so pleased with the outcome.  I used burlap as the pillow and osnaburg as the embellishment. I love how it turned out!



I loved it so much, I could stop at just one burlap pillow.

A couple of weeks ago, Shelbie did a photo shoot for engagements of a couple who wanted a 'country' look.  I decided to make big burlap pillows that they could throw down in a grassy field as a prop for their pics.  They turned out fun too. 


I am seriously considering burlap as the fabric for my new living room curtains.  It could be fun!

1 comment:

  1. I want to do burlap curtains too!! Lined with a chocolate sheeting probably. When they have extra fullness they are so pretty. We are too close to moving (less than a year) to make curtains worth it though.....next house for sure!

    ReplyDelete