Monday, October 22, 2012

Make your own fabric

Choosing fabric is often more like a chore than something enjoyable.  You can spend many a weekends searching for that perfect fabric for that little vintage chair you found awhile back at a local garage sale.

Well, search no more!  Did you know that you can design your very own fabric and have it manufactured then delivered right to your front door?  It's true!  Let me introduce you to Spoonflower!

This is a cool website where you can design your own fabric, wallpaper and even wall decals!  How fun is that.  The price of custom made fabric is in line with what you would pay for designer fabric at a brick and mortar building!

Not into making your own?  Choose from some of their very unique fabric designs!  This is such a fun website a place where you can get lost for a long time!  Can you imagine, custom baby bedding?  So cool!

Here are some of my favorites of their ready made fabrics...



I think I am going to add this to my list of projects to do.  I would love to take some of my kids' artwork and make it into blankets for them.  Wouldn't that be fun?  What kind of design would you submit?

No comments:

Post a Comment