Saturday, October 13, 2012

Window Pane Bulletin Board

A couple of  weeks ago, I started a DIY project with these two old window frames I had.  I decided to make them into really cool bulletin boards... Below is the tutorial and the final project.  You will love this!

 First of all, I measured each open pane and cut a piece of 1/4" birch plywood to fit each pane.  I also cut cork to fit each piece of wood.  Once each piece is cut out, I glued the cork to the board with a strong adhesive and allowed it to dry.  While it was drying, I spray painted the window frames in a black lacquer.  (Not Shown)

 Once the cork was dry on the wood, I cut  3 layers of Warm and Natural to fit then began upholstering each piece in Osnaburg.  Once I was down upholstering, I simply nailed each wood piece into the open panes!
 Voila!! I love the way it turned out!  I stenciled on a Fleur De Lis in the larger square.

 It's a perfect piece for my little office nook.  I have one little wall in the loft that I have carved out for my office.  It's really taking shape.  Just a few more things I want to do before I really love it!

You probably can't see very well, but I made some cool stick pins for the bulletin board.  More on that later!  Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment