Friday, May 27, 2011

What's your style

Photo from Thrify Decor Chick
I love to look through magazines and let myself be inspired with all the different materials and finishes available for the home.  Magazines are easily accessed and even easier to rip and tear through to start files of the things you love.  More on files next week.

My next favorite pasttime is blogging.  There are hundreds and thousands of design and decorating blogs that cover a variety of topics from DIY projects to trends in furniture and color.  Today, I have found some pretty cool blogs to inspire you and help you find that place in the design world that feels like 'home'. 

My number one favorite pick is of course Pinterest.  What?  You haven't been to Pinterest yet?  It's a fabulous community where people 'pin' all their favorite things they find on the internet.  The catagories range from art to quotes and everything in between.  You can start your own pinterest board and collect your own favorite things.  I like it because it's an easier way to bookmark the things and places you want to remember. 


Photo courtesy of Miss Mustard Seed
 Miss Mustard Seed is another fun design blog.  Located in Pennsylvania, Miss Mustard Seed creates wonderful pieces from thrift store finds and hand me down furniture.  She has some real great ideas if vintage antiques is your thing.

Don't forget to check out the Thrifty Decor Chick.  Her style is simple and easy to achieve.  I really like her clean lines and no nonsense look.  She has some great ideas I think you will love. 

I know of so many people moving across town and across the State and Country.  What better time to get inspired then when a big move is in your plans.  If you aren't moving...well...Spring is threatening to come...really.  Let's get things spruced up!

No comments:

Post a Comment