Thursday, May 26, 2011

Let's Roll

While you've been slumbering at night, I've been working really hard on the formatting for this new blog.  The possibilities are endless when it comes to material for an Interior Design blog. 

 It's funny, a friend was over earlier in the week because her husband was kind enough to work on some 'fixes' for my computer and the kids pulled out their old scrapbooks to entertain her so we had a good laugh perusing those.   I was amazed at how lame of a scrapbooker I was back in the early days yet in my mind, those pages rocked!  Now, I have left traditional scrap booking in the dust and have moved on to digital scrap booking.  Anyways, my point is that towards the end of my scrap booking era, the pages were much better.  Better graphics, more creative...they had just evolved.

I expect the same thing is going to happen with this blog.  It may start out kind of lame...but will evolve and hopefully, with a little help from you, will evolve into something worth reading.  So, don't be shy, comment, comment, comment... ask questions.  Now's your chance to get some free advice!  I'm kind of thinking that if I get enough questions, I could do one whole post a month or even a week of a compilation of questions and the answers for everyone to take advantage of, sort of like a 'Dear Abbey' column... only Ask Kat.  We'll see.

So, without further rambling... here is the loose schedule of posting events...

Mondays- 'Makin it Monday'  On this day, I will post a home craft or project that can be done when you're in a  weekend warrior kind of mood.  Many will be projects I tackle myself.

Tuesdays- 'Tips, Tricks and Trends'  For this post, I will offer up some simple ideas you can do in 5 min to make your house look more pulled together. 

Wednesdays- 'Word to the wise'.  Let's get a little more serious about the world of design.  Articles regarding such topics as What to do with collections, clutter, uses of color, how to combine patterns, living small, living large, what does that color say about you and many more topics.  On Wednesdays, I will also have guest bloggers posting.  I already have a great Designer signed up!!  She is from Memphis and has a sharp eye for accessorizing and pulling together unique and exciting looks.  You won't want to miss her.

Fridays- 'Find your groove'.  Fridays, I will post some of my favorite design/creative blogs to inspire you to find and create beauty all around. 

So, what do you think?  This is the format I will start with and see where we end up.  It's exciting to think about the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment