Thursday, March 7, 2013

Office Chair Remodel

Finally, a little DIY!!!  I loved this project and it's one I've been planning to do for a year at least.  I have this little black office chair.  It's pretty much ugly and I am pretty much sick of looking at it. 

So...I decided to do something about it.  I rummaged through my fabric scraps and found my favorite fabric of all time!  Well, at least it's been a favorite for the past year or so!  The problem is, I didn't have enough of it to cover the chair.  Being the creative gal that I try to be, I decided that piecing it together could work.  



We'll get back to the piecing part.  First of all, I had to disassemble the chair.  Not hard at all and only consisted of a few screws. 


I left the original upholstery on just because.  Okay, honestly, because I was too lazy to rip it off.  I only had about 30 min to fit this project in so I was racing against the clock.   I laid the chair seat down on the fabric and pulled the sides to the back.  I like to put one staple in the center of all four sides, pulling tight.  This way, as you start to staple around the edges, things stay straight and in line.
 Start on one side and start pulling up the fabric until it's tight and staple about an inch from the edge of the seat.  Just work your way around the edges and use the very same technique for the chair back.
 Assemble all the parts and pieces and Voila!! It's like a brand new chair!  Oh ya, you can see on the seat cushion how there is a strip of fabric coming down the center.  That is the detail to hide the parts that I had to piece together.  Obviously, it's not ideal but it works for me and goes well in my little loft office.

I know it's been awhile since I posted a sweet DIY but I have lots coming up such as...Mercury glass!  I finally tried it and loved it!!!  I also did a little ceramic project that only cost me a dollar, bringing a broken lamp back to life with a little re-wiring and re-finishing some old Mall furniture!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment