Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Snow man Wreath

We are getting down to just a few more Christmas gifts.  Today is the snowman wreath.  I love books, I love vintage and I love anything resembling a misfit so that's why I really love these little guys! 

 I have several old vintage poetry books so I tore out some pages and cut a nice round circle.  On one circle, freehand an orange carrot nose for the snowman.
 Next, I took two rounds and zig zagged around the edges, leaving just about an inch open to add the stuffing.   Add just a small amount of stuffing to give it a little dimension, then sew up the opening with the same zig zag stitch. After all the sewing is done, glue two button eyes above the nose using a hot glue gun. I love to mismatch the buttons.

 Using a wire wreath and some burlap, weave the strips of burlap in and out of the wire form until it is covered. 

With your finished snowmen, glue them around the wreath and add a burlap bow.
These little snowman are so cute.  It was fun to see their personalities emerge when the button eyes went on.  I actually like these better as little ornaments rather than on a wreath.  If you don't have vintage books, you can use magazine or newspaper too!

No comments:

Post a Comment