Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Decorated Hand Towels- Christmas Gifts 7

I love bar mop towels!  I love them in the kitchen because when your dishcloths get dirty, you can bleach them and they always look as good as new.  For $2, you can get a set of two bar mop towels.  They are a great size for a hand towel.  I don't have a step by step for this gift but it's easy.  

I chose my favorite cotton fabric and decided how wide I wanted the ruffle.  For these towels, I did a double ruffle.  The top one is about 1 1/2" wide and the bottom ruffle is 3" wide.  Instead of cutting them, I simply tore them from salvage to salvage.  

Using a loose tension and a long stitch, I gathered them up on my machine then placed them on the bar mop towel towards the end and sewed them into place.  So easy!!  

They are going to look so nice hanging in the powder bath!



No comments:

Post a Comment