Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The world of peel and stick

Are you a DIYer?  I can manage a few simple things around the house but the big things that I really want to do require expensive tools I don't have and can't just run out and get.  I would love a new backsplash in my kitchen.  Actually, I don't even have a backsplash so it would be nice to have a nice stone, mosiac or glass backsplash. 

I recently came across this sweet new product for people like me who want the look but can't afford to hire it out.  Let's be real, that costs an arm and a leg by the time you by the backer board, mud, grout, tile and all the tools and then, let's hope you know what you're doing!

Welcome to the world of peel and stick tiles!  They are real materials, not a vinyl though you can buy vinyl if that's the look you want.  They come in all materials and shapes.  Here are few examples.

They typically come in larger squares like 11x11.  Just paint a primer on your wall, and stick up the tile and you're done!!

Metal tiles cost a fortune.  These Aspect, metal peel and stick tiles are less than $20 for a box. No mess!

This is an example of how a mosaic peel and stick tile would come.  Just lay them side by side.

Aspect peel and stick tiles.  What a great pattern for a modern, clean look!
 I can't wait to try this in my kitchen.  You know what else?  They make larger, decorative tiles you can put on a wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment