Thursday, February 2, 2012

Clutter

 You never know what you're going to find behind closed doors! Now you know...a big mess!!

This is my craft cupboard/junk cupboard because the drawer for junk was full!

Under my kitchen sink.  Is there a more dysfunctional space in one's home?
 Totally embarrassed that I let the clutter get out of control like this.  Seriously, I think grocery sacks multiply like fungus when the doors are closed.  There's no way I need that many plastic bags. Usually, by the time I finish the shopping, I am pressed for time and either need to have someone dropped off or picked up or start dinner.  The easiest thing to do is shove them out of sight. 

In just 10 min.  It went from that....to this....

Such an improvement.  All my favorite kitchen cleaning products are right at my finger tips. 


I used that empty potato flakes can to keep the plastic bags in.  I made an 'X' shape slit in the lid and now I can stuff the bags in there and pull them out easily as I need them.  A perfect solution for now.  I should probably paint the can or dress it up somehow but that will be a task for another day!

I love the glass jar I have now for my dishwashing detergent.  Keeps it looking well kept. 

As for the craft cupboard...Here is the after....


It's better and each tote houses such things as paint and brushes, paper, misc. craft supplies, and school supplies.  My garbage bags are easy to get to since the garbage can is right beside this cupboard.  Best of all, I have some room for storing additional crap supplies.

Any great ideas for taming the clutter in your home?  Leave me a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment