Monday, November 7, 2011

Cleaning Tip

Don't you just love cleaning?  What?  No, you say?  Well, neither do I even though it is something I have had to rely on cleaning other people's homes this past few years.  I dread having to go but once I leave a house, I am happy to see a nice, clean sparkling environment and that makes it worth it.  But, then I have to come home to my own mess!

Today's tip is cleaning the drip pans on the stove.  What a mess those can become.  All it takes is one over excited boiling pot of spaghetti noodles to created a burned on mess.  Here is the easiest way to take care of such messes and requires no scrubbing.   You will need:
A plastic grocery bag
Can of oven cleaner
A little bit of time

First of all, take your drip pans and place them one by one in the bottom of a plastic grocery bag.  Once one pan is in the bag, spray it well with oven cleaner then stack the next drip pan and repeat the process.  Stack and spray, that's all there is to it.


 Once they are all sprayed down, tie the bag up and walk away.  The longer you can let them sit, the easier they clean.  I usually do mine right after the last meal of the day and either let them sit until I go to bed around 11, then put them in the dishwasher and start it or, I let them sit overnight and then rinse them clean in the morning.


This particular time, I let them sit overnight, then just rinsed them off in the morning.  Look how clean they end up!  They look brand new but these are actually about 5 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment